Monday 3 May 2010

Domestic Abuse

This is something that I can never ever ever imagine being involved with or imagine how it feels. Yet in our society there are so many people in relationships who are being abused but feel like they can't talk to anyone or are too scared to talk to anyone about it.





However in my opinion, I feel like it is something that is brushed under the carpets in our country, even though it really shouldn't be. Some people only think that it is women who are abused in their relationships, forgetting that there are also men being abused everyday. To be honest, I wouldn't have really been so alarmed by it if I hadn't witnessed a girl walk on to the famous Jeremy Kyle show and completely wack her boyfriend, it so shocked me! It really made me think.


I don't even think how somebody could hurt someone that they 'Love'.


Publically, Chris Brown hit Rihanna, leaving her with visible injurys, but he blamed his behaviour on his abusive father when he was younger, but personally I don't think there's any excuse, everyone is responsible for their own actions!


http://womensissues.about.com/b/2009/02/13/rihanna-and-chris-brown-bring-teen-dating-abuse-and-domestic-violence-out-in-the-open.htm This article shows that even though it was a horrible thing that happened to Rihanna, abuse can happen to anyone.

http://www.womensaid.org.uk/domestic_violence_topic.asp?section=0001000100220036&sectionTitle=Statistics - Here are some statistics about domestic abuse, disgustingly, two women are killed a week due to Domestic Abuse.


No comments:

Post a Comment