Tuesday 4 May 2010

Barmy Armyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!

I love football, this may be odd for me being a proper girly girl into her make up, clothes and Louis Vuitton, but I'm a season ticket down the Molineux. Part of the reason why I enjoy it so much is because of the fact that I go with my Dad, Uncle & Brother, and I see it as a bit of a day out. However I guarentee you could ask some of the fans and they would say they love fighting for their team. Ok i feel passionate about Wolves, I love to see them win, hate to see them lose. That's as far as it goes. I would never put myself in danger for the club!



http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subway_Army - The Subway Army; WWFC's famous hooligan brand.



Going away to the Baggies when I was younger was the first time I ever really experienced the dangerous side of football. The police were there with their cameras recording us, I felt so wierd, as if I was already a prisoner or something, even though I'm completely harmless. Anolther experience I had was when Cardiff came down to Molineux and the away fans started to fight amongst themselves at half time, how strange is that? The police stormed in with their dogs (which are enough to put me off the idea of fighting!)





I couldn't even start to think about what to say about this picture, but I wouldn't mind putting a few quid on the fact that he'll be fighting for his club when he's older! However, as he is so young, I can see that some kids may be influenced by their parents when they go to the match. Luckily, my Dad goes into complete tunnel vision and doesn't say a word from kick off until half time, which wierdly I prefer to him swearing and everything, it takes the fun out of it I think.

3,172 fans were banned from seeing their favourite football team forever in the season of 2007-08 and that just makes me think, is it really worth it?

http://paddytheflea.wordpress.com/2009/12/23/the-hooligan-stats-wolves-are-sheep-in-comparison/ - This shows that Wolves have the highest number of fans banned from games - a total of 98.

No comments:

Post a Comment