Sunday 2 May 2010

DANGEROUS driving!



Seeing as everyone has been doing blogs and responses on Drunk Driving, I'd like to do a blog on just dangerous driving in general, because I don't think that some idiots have to be drunk to think that they are Lewis Hamilton!
I've drove around some days, and even though I'm not one to swear, some drivers wind me up so much that I do have to f and blind sometimes!

Driving home one night at 11, a car overtook me, jumped a red light and then sped of at a silly speed. Now I'm not saying that everyone should drive around at 30mph 24 hours of the day, but I definately think that there is a line and some people must love to cross it and drive around at 100mph!
Another thing that has always confused me also, is why even though people aren't allowed to talk on their phone whilst driving, we can get away with smoking, drinking and messing with ipods whilst driving? Surely they all require the driver to take their eyes off the road and one hand off the wheel too, just like driving!
http://www.articlesbase.com/insurance-articles/dangerous-driving-the-harsh-reality-617689.html - This article backs up my point that the most dangerous thing on the roads isn't talking on the phone or tiredness, it is speeding. However, it has been proven that since the mobile phone law has been enforced, there have been less incidents on the road, http://www.statistics.gov.uk/cci/nugget.asp?id=1208.
Like I said before, I don't think that everyone should be driving round at an annoyingly slow pace, or it would just work us drivers up, however I think What is the point in driving around like a maniac? It just makes you look silly, and you would look 3798753897 times more silly if you hit someone over....

No comments:

Post a Comment