Sunday 25 April 2010

Vicki's Blog on Drinking..



http://vickimcconnell.blogspot.com/2010/04/binge-drinking_22.html



I completely agree with what Vicki said about there being 'bigger problems' in the world than people going out on the razz once a week. However, I do believe that it is where problems could start. For example, I used to be able to go out and not drink but still have a good time, but now I look forward to going out and getting drunk. I'm not saying I'm alcoholic, but its what I do... and I'm sure I'm not alone! I think it's harmless going out and getting a bit messy! You pay the price the next day!


After having been drinking on a regular basis for a while now though, I know what drinks I should avoid. Take wine for example, I know that I'll most definately have a banging headache the next morning if I drink it.


However, recently I went up town and drove up. I went to Walkabout and I was completely sober, and I was actually cringing at the way that some people were acting once they had a few drinks down there neck! I sat there thinking, Oh god I hope I don't look like this! It is true that some people completel change once they've had a drink. The quietist and most shy person could become a violent person once drunk and like Vicki said, this is when the trouble starts.


http://rds.homeoffice.gov.uk/rds/pdfs04/r216.pdf


After reading that ^, I discovered that women are at most risk of being sexually abused when they are drunk or when their other half is drunk, which shows the dangerous sides of a few cheeky drinks up town.

No comments:

Post a Comment