Friday 30 April 2010

Emily's Blog on Procrastinating...

http://mrsbrightsideemilyyy.blogspot.com/2010/04/every-students-enemy-procrastination.html



Being a student at the end of the semester, I can totally understand where Emily is coming from putting off her essays till last minute. Nowadays there are so many distractions for us students whilst doing essays, need I say the f word? Facebook. Half the time you find yourself not even doing anything on it, yet its so addictive!?! And the facebook group, "Call me Mr.Facebook, I can make your grades drop" proves my point. So thank you Mr Facebook for making me sit at my computer watching peoples' status updates when my essays sitting there and it won't write itself.



But for some reason students seem to have this attitude that they hate their essays hanging over them (because lets face it, we'd all rather just get into our pj's and watch tv) yet they put it off and off until the midnight before the essay is in!


http://www.quotegarden.com/procrastination.html - Here are some quotes submitted by students, all rather funny but oh so true!


I do see the side of some people who leave it till the last minute though, because most people work better under pressure, as Emily admits to herself.


95% of people are prone to procrastination and 20% of people are chronic procrastinators. Good Luck to them!

No comments:

Post a Comment