Friday 23 April 2010

Emily's Blog on Homophobia.



http://mrsbrightsideemilyyy.blogspot.com/2010/04/being-gay-being-bad_17.html

Everything Emily said about being homosexual and homophobics. Reading about her best friend truly shocked me and I couldn't believe the actions that the parents took when her best friend came out about being gay, but I'm sure that they aren't the first parents, family members or friends to be acting this way,

http://www.thesite.org/sexandrelationships/sexuality/exploration/whencomingoutgoeswrong




I'm glad, however, that homosexuality has become more socially acceptable in our society, but I still think that there could be more acceptance for homosexuals.


Personally, I don't know how my parents would act if any of my siblings or I came out as being homosexual, yet I'm sure that they wouldn't be as strongly opinionated as the parents that Emily was talking about in her blog. At the end of the day, parents, family and friends should have unconditional Love.

I also strongly agree with the point she made that if you are completely comfortable with your sexuality, you are able to joke and mess about about being homosexual and you wouldn't mind being around homosexuals either.

I am always unsure what to say when people say "Are you born gay or do you turn gay?" I remember being about 6 and saying I wanted to marry Ronan Keating and to be honest, I still wouldn't turn him down, but I wonder if there are any boys who said the same thing at the age of six, or if there any girls who said that and then now say that they would love to marry Beyonce? Its a question that could possibly never be solved.

A celebrity who I strongly admire is Stephen Gately, who passed away last year, as he was the first member of a boyband to come out as homosexual and at the time he was proper slated for it, but looking back he will always be admired for it. It is strange how the times have changed, because now it seems 'cool' to be a celebrity and be either homosexual or bisexual, Lindsay Lohan being an exceptional example of this, one day dating a man, next day being engaged to a female. The confusion will never end.

No comments:

Post a Comment