Sunday 11 April 2010

Bullying.

Between 15 and 25 children commit suicide each year due to being bullying victims and 1 in 10 primary children experience Bullying everyday of the school term. Reading this shocked me so much seeing as school for me was something that I enjoyed everyday and it was somewhere where I have made friends that I hope will be friends for life. However I can't imagine how it must feel to wake up dreading school each day, it must be horrible.


Some statistics on bullying which may also shock you:



Seeing this picture also made me think of the new type of bullying that involves mobile phone cameras. With children bringing their phones everyday to school, it is so easy to humiliate someone by recording or taking pictures of children being bullied and then putting them on social networking sites such as Facebook or MySpace.

People jump to think about bullying just at school with young children, however there is also bullying going on in the workplace. Women especially are vunerable to bullying in the workplace, with almost 60% of bullying victims in the workplace being women.

Personally, I think that there should be more laws and more action to be done to stop and prevent bullying in workplaces and schools, especially schools seeing as Education is compulsary for children.

No comments:

Post a Comment