Tuesday 9 March 2010

James Bulger case...

My monday morning this week was quite shocking, as I woke up to This Morning with Holly and Phillip, a story was being covered that I was completely unaware of as I was too young when it first happened. I was shocked after listening to the story that not only was one of the toddler's murderers going back into prison, I was more shocked that he had even been released from prison!





http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_James_Bulger


Many things shocked me about this story. The first thing was that the two boys were so young, (aged 10), yet still capable of doing something so vile to such an innocent person. The description of what they did to the young child made me feel physically sick, "Facts established at trial show that, at this location, one of the boys threw blue modelling paint on Bulger's face. They kicked him and hit him with bricks, stones and a 22-pound (10.0 kg) iron bar. They then placed batteries in his mouth."


When reading more about the case, I found out that they had been inspired (if that's the right word :S) by watching videos that showed tortures. I was so shocked by this. Firstly, how could they get hold of such a vile form of video, but then why is stuff like this being made and more so, WHY is it being made? I thought that this could in a way be related to "Bad Cinema", even though this what they watched may not have been made to hit the box office, it was still a film being made about such a taboo subject, and in my opinion and surely I'm not alone when I say this type of film should not be made! Also, i was disgusted that they were only punished for their disgusting move for eight years and then their identities were changed. It has been proven that these eight years weren't anywhere near enough seeing as the one murderer John Venables has been sent back down to prison.

No comments:

Post a Comment