Thursday 11 March 2010

Emily's "Moment on the Lips" Blog.



I completely agreed with everything Emily said in her blog about girls, food, body image and the media.

http://mrsbrightsideemilyyy.blogspot.com/2010/03/moment-on-lips.html

As much as I think that like Emily said it IS a bad thing to over-indulge, there is no reason why girls should be acting the way that they do as Emily witnessed in the youtube video. I do also agree with the fact that the media plays a huge part in girls and their body image with pictures of size zero celebrity's being plastered all over our magazines. Even girls that used to be curvy are getting quite skinny, for example Kelly Osbourne.

Even though some days I do feel fat, I don't think I could ever put myself through what some girls do that are suffering with Bulimia and Anorexia, at the end of the day being skinny isn't the end of the world.


However, we have to ask the question that once the disorder becomes psychological is it really bad behaviour? As it is something that becomes an everyday occurence for them and it is what their life is about. It is also an illness like any other. Ok, the first few times they do it could be 'Being Bad', however when it becomes out of hand and they don't realise how out of control they have become, I dont think it is Bad Behaviour.










Some of the real life stories on this website shocked me:

http://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/eatingdisorders/Pages/Eatingdisordershomepage.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment